The aim of the programme is to develop knowledge and skills in addressing substance misuse.
Courses are free and are CPD certified. The courses available are listed below.
By the end of the course you will be:
- More aware of the prevalence of drug use in Northern Ireland
- Able to define what a drug is and the categories of drugs
- Able to name drugs most commonly used, their effects and methods of use
- Able to identify the legal classes of drugs and penalties
- More aware of the different levels of harm for the user/their family, associated with different patterns of substance use
- Aware of the links between drug/alcohol use and other issues
- Aware of your own attitudes and values relating to substance use and substance users
- Aware of local drug and alcohol services and how to refer to them.
6 STUDENTS ENROLLED