Level 3 Certificate in Tackling Substance Misuse
By the end of this course participants will;
- Have a more in depth understanding of the effects of drugs and alcohol and their impact on the physical and mental health of the user and family functioning
- Have an understanding of the main theories of addiction and guidelines for appropriate interventions
- Have an understanding of the principles of behaviour change methodology applied to substance misuse issues and explore how to incorporate such practice into one’s work
- Know how to respond to child protection issues arising as a result of parental substance misuse
- Be aware of services and know how to refer individuals and families for specialist help where appropriate
Relevance: This course is relevant to professionals that encounter clients affected by substance misuse within their work role. This course is part of the progression pathway for those wishing to undertake the Level 3 Certificate in Tackling Substance Misuse
This course is mapped against the following Drug and Alcohol National Occupational Standards;
- AA1 Recognise problematic use of alcohol or other substances and refer individuals to services.
- AB5 Assess and act upon immediate risk of danger to individuals who have used alcohol and other substances.
- AB7 Enable access to services to those affected by someone else’s use of alcohol or other substances.
- AD1 Raise awareness about substances, their use and effects.
- SCDHSC06 Assist in the transfer of individuals between agencies and services.
- AG2 Contribute to implementation of care or support plan activities.
- AH10 Work with individuals to encourage a reduction in harmful alcohol consumption and drinking behavior.
- AB2 Support individuals who misuse substances.
NOCN Level 3 Certificate in Tackling Substance Misuse (QCF)